Disable automatic showing of command output

Disable automatic showing of command output

Stefan Helfrich
Hey everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to disable the automatic showing of a
Dataset output when running a Command through the CommandService. I
couldn't find any documentation on that behaviour.

All the best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Helfrich, M.Sc.

Institut für Bio- und Geowissenschaften
IBG-1: Biotechnologie
AG Modellierung und Simulation

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Tel.: +49 2461 61-9068
WWW: http://www.fz-juelich.de/ibg/ibg-1/modsim

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Re: Disable automatic showing of command output

Curtis Rueden
Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delay in reply; things got busy with ImageJ conference and hackathon, and I'm finally catching up.

> I am wondering if it is Possible to disable the Automatic showing of a
> Dataset Output when running a command through the Command Service.

Yes, but it is somewhat a pain right now:

* You can pass "false" for the process flag to suppress all pre- and post-processing, including display of outputs.

* You can use the lower-level ModuleService to customize exactly which pre- and post-processing plugins you want to include in the module execution.

I am guessing what you want is all pre- and post-processing to occur _except_ for the final display of outputs? I agree it would be nice to have a super-easy way to do this, though I'm not totally sure what the API would look like for it.

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to disable the automatic showing of a
Dataset output when running a Command through the CommandService. I
couldn't find any documentation on that behaviour.

All the best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Helfrich, M.Sc.

Institut für Bio- und Geowissenschaften
IBG-1: Biotechnologie
AG Modellierung und Simulation

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Tel.: <a href="tel:%2B49%202461%2061-9068" value="+492461619068" target="_blank">+49 2461 61-9068