EMBL Conference : Seeing is believing

Mongis Cyril
Dear all,

I would like to know if there will be some ImageJ/Fij Developers/contributors attending the EMBL Conference "Seeing is believing" in Heidelberg (Germany) on the October, 6th. I will attend to this conference so it would a great occasion to talk to you guys (thus since I live there, I can hook you up with the good bars :-D )

Cheers,

Cyril

Re: EMBL Conference : Seeing is believing

Mongis Cyril

Indeed, I will present a poster about ImageJFX. My Poster session is on Wednesday afternoon (144) so we can meet there. I would like to use this occasion to have some more inputs about the software. I will have a tablet to show some videos about the software. It's still not so fully functionnal so that's why I haven't released the code yet. I'm just waiting to have something more or less "solid" and clean. I often go through some big refactoring to follow more or less the ImageJ2 guidelines. But I guess I'll be able to release the code soon after the conference.

Cheers and looking forward to see you guys,

Cyril

Re: EMBL Conference : Seeing is believing

Curtis Rueden
Hi Cyril,

> I would like to know if there will be some ImageJ/Fij
> Developers/contributors attending the EMBL Conference "Seeing is
> believing" in Heidelberg (Germany) on the October, 6th.

No one from the core ImageJ development team is attending, but some members of the OME consortium (Simon Li, Gabriella Rustici (IDR) and Rafael Carazo (IDR)) will be there.

> I will present a poster about ImageJFX.

Great!

> It's still not so fully functionnal so that's why I haven't released
> the code yet. I'm just waiting to have something more or less "solid"
> and clean.

I'll continue to suggest that you release the code sooner rather than later. You want rapid iterations with feedback from others, to direct your development efforts. Otherwise you may spend too much time going in suboptimal directions.

> I guess I'll be able to release the code soon after the conference.

Looking forward to it.

> since I live there, I can hook you up with the good bars :-D

I really enjoyed Heidelberg and the EMBL when I visited a few years ago. I hope I can return some time soon!