Getting channel names from a Dataset object

Getting channel names from a Dataset object

Mongis Cyril
Dear all,

I would like to display the channel names when available. I can retrieve the Axis and detect which one is the channel axis. However, I see nowhere where I could get the channel name. Are those informations accessible from the Dataset object or should I use an other library to re-read the metadata ?

Cheers,

Cyril

Re: Getting channel names from a Dataset object

Curtis Rueden
Hi Cyril,

> I would like to display the channel names when available. I can
> retrieve the Axis and detect which one is the channel axis. However, I
> see nowhere where I could get the channel name. Are those informations
> accessible from the Dataset object or should I use an other library to
> re-read the metadata ?

Sorry this slipped through the cracks till now.

It is currently not possible to name individual points along each axis, although we certainly plan to add that to the data model.

I added an issue:

And here are some other related issues in the trackers:

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 3:57 AM, Mongis Cyril <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I would like to display the channel names when available. I can retrieve the Axis and detect which one is the channel axis. However, I see nowhere where I could get the channel name. Are those informations accessible from the Dataset object or should I use an other library to re-read the metadata ?

Cheers,

Cyril

Re: Getting channel names from a Dataset object

Jay Warrick
I've done some thinking related to my work on data models for naming dimension values that might be helpful when that time comes along for datasets. Also fine with whatever approach you all develop.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Cyril,