ImageJ plans for the summer

Curtis Rueden
Hi everyone,

Today, I posted a News item describing the LOCI team's plans for ImageJ2 and Fiji over the summer.

We will be focusing on bringing ImageJ2 and Fiji up to the latest Java packaging and deployment standards, with the following ultimate goals:

* Ship ImageJ with Java 8 (and probably raise the minimum version)
* Retire the ImageJ Launcher in favor of standard Java packaging & deployment
* Fix the 3D Viewer's issues with Java 3D
* Update the Report a Bug plugin to use GitHub Issues instead of BugZilla
* Offer standalone stable downloads for ImageJ2 (without Fiji plugins)

For further details and rationale, see:

LOCI software architect
ImageJ2 project lead
Fiji lead maintainer