JavaFX, ImageJ, Maven and Java 8

Mongis Cyril
Dear all,

I'm facing a little problem. When developing our JavaFx interface for ImageJ, I tried to use Maven as base to load the dependencies but it failed miserably for two reasons. The first was that it was really hard to find a pom configuration that would allow a flawless support of Bioformat and Bioformat Compatibility Plugin, and because Maven would refuse to compile when using Java 8 (some toolkit 1.6 if I remember correctly. This forced me to use a classic JavaFX Netbeans environment (stealing all the jars from the last Fiji release XD).

But now I'm facing a little problem : loading plugins. While the basic plugins are loaded(the ones located in the imagej-plugins and scijava-plugins jars), all the plugins located in the plugin directory remain unloaded. I searched in the code how the plugin loading mechanism works but I wasn't able to find an entry point for, for instance, an absolute path of a plugin folder. I changed the imagej.dir property, without success. I did some researches on how the class loading works but I'm still searching for an entry point, a way to specify a plugin directory so I can test the interface with more plugins.

Home could I load the plugin from a specific directory ? Is it why ImageJ uses this ImageJ Launcher ?

Cheers,

Cyril
http://www.cyrilmongis.net

Re: JavaFX, ImageJ, Maven and Java 8

Curtis Rueden
Hi Cyril,

> Home could I load the plugin from a specific directory ?

See if setting the plugins.dir system property helps.

If you need further help, please share your project.

> Is it why ImageJ uses this ImageJ Launcher ?

Not for much longer: