Re: 3D viewer website is down

Curtis Rueden
Hi Wayne,

[Switching to imagej-devel, since the thread becomes more technical.]

> The ImageJ 1.49 distribution, due in a few weeks, will include the
> version of 3D Viewer at

Is there some reason not to use an official release of the 3D Viewer?

They are available from the ImageJ Maven repository [1].

Regarding dependencies, you can use Git and Maven to easily download them:

$ git clone git://github.com/fiji/3D_Viewer
$ cd 3D_Viewer
$ mvn dependency:copy-dependencies
$ ls target/dependency

Note also that the 3D Viewer will undergo some changes in coming weeks: we will change the Java 3D dependency to use the new JOGL-based Java 3D 1.6 prerelease. This will eliminate the need to install Java 3D as a Java platform extension, in favor of it being a simple dependency like everything else.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Rasband, Wayne (NIH/NIMH) [E] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Jun 15, 2015, at 6:24 AM, Michael Doube <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> A BoneJ user notified me that the 3D Viewer website is down:
>
> http://3dviewer.neurofly.de/
>
> Additionally, the version published on the ImageJ site is pretty old by
> now, and ImageJ1 no longer bundles the viewer in its installer:
>
> http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/plugins/3d-viewer/index.html
>
> What is the intended route to acquire the 3D Viewer for those of us who
> for whatever reason are using ImageJ1, and not Fiji? I have a couple of
> versions on my machines, from January and September 2012 - should I just
> share those JARs around?

The ImageJ 1.49 distribution, due in a few weeks, will include the version of 3D Viewer at

   http://bonej.org/download/ImageJ_3D_Viewer.jar

-wayne