Re: Fiji error when loading ObjectJ projects ending with .ojj

Re: Fiji error when loading ObjectJ projects ending with .ojj

Curtis Rueden
Hi Norbert,

> when using Fiji in combination with SCIFIO, I get the error:
>         "No supported format found"
> after loading an ObjectJ project file with ".ojj" extension.

I tried opening a .ojj file using an update-to-date Fiji, and I get:

   Plugin or class not found: "ObjectJ_"
   (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ObjectJ_)

Which makes sense since I don't have ObjectJ installed.

I get this message with SCIFIO enabled or disabled ("Use SCIFIO when opening files" in Edit > Options > ImageJ2).

Are you saying that when you do have ObjectJ installed, you see the "No supported format found" error?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Norbert Vischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Curtis,

when using Fiji in combination with SCIFIO, I get the error:
        "No supported format found"
after loading an ObjectJ project file with ".ojj" extension.

I think it would be enough if FIJI (legacy)
would suppress any error messages if the file ends with .ojj,

as ImageJ1 handles .ojj files correctly:

        https://github.com/imagej/imagej1/search?utf8=✓&q=ojj

best regards (and thanks four your previous reply about drag&drop .jar files),

Norbert

Re: Fiji error when loading ObjectJ projects ending with .ojj

Curtis Rueden
Hi Norbert,

> At the time when I sent you the email, there appeared an error message
> similar to: "SCIFIO does not recognize this file type", but then the
> file was passed correctly to ImageJ. The user could continue to work,
> but the error message was misleading, so I suggested to remove it.
> Later, the misleading message did not occur anymore, and I thought
> you or someone else had fixed this without notice.

Actually, yes, I spoke to Mark Hiner and we vaguely recall a bug very much like that getting fixed.

In any case: glad it works as expected now!

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Norbert Vischer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Curtis

> I tried opening a .ojj file using an update-to-date Fiji, and I get:
>
>    Plugin or class not found: "ObjectJ_"
>    (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ObjectJ_)
>
> Which makes sense since I don't have ObjectJ installed.
>
> I get this message with SCIFIO enabled or disabled ("Use SCIFIO when opening files" in Edit > Options > ImageJ2).

Meanwhile, everything works ok.

At the time when I sent you the email, there appeared an error message similar to: "SCIFIO does not recognize this file type", but then the file was passed correctly to ImageJ. The user could continue to work, but the error message was misleading, so I suggested to remove it.
Later, the misleading message did not occur anymore, and I thought you or someone else had fixed this without notice. Thank you in any case for caring!

Best regards, Norbert