Re: Latest H5j Loader Plugin Release

Mark Hiner
Hi Les,

>Is there anything wrong?

Nope, it looks like there is a 1.0.1 release of your plugin: http://maven.imagej.net/index.html#nexus-search;classname~H5J

See the release documentation on the wiki: http://imagej.net/Releases#After_a_release

After the Maven release is cut, the version is not automatically updated in Fiji. First someone has to update pom-fiji (which I did just now: https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji/commit/5f01121835e9f67f9eed5b1f872ef670fab75662). Then pom-fiji needs to be released so that Fiji itself can use it, at which point the released artifact can be uploaded to the Fiji update site.

Best,
Mark

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Foster, Leslie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, Mark:

About a week ago, I did a double-push to release version 1.0.1 of the H5j Loader Plugin.  I have seen that it successfully built on the Jenkins server, but have not seen a plugin release.  Is there anything wrong?  Have I carried out the push wrongly?  I think it was the same as earlier.

Please let me know.
Regards,
Les

Yes, I was investigating why H5J_Loader_Plugin doesn't show up in http://status.imagej.net/ as I had forgotten that it fails to build on our Linux machine. Typically you only have to worry about failed builds when they happen in response to code changes.

>Afterwards, I did not see the changes to my plugin.

I updated pom-fiji but did not release it or propagate the change to Fiji itself, so your plugin was not on the Fiji update site. All of these steps are required for a plugin to be available from Help > Update Fiji.

I have now done the pom-fiji release and updated Fiji.git but am currently unable to upload to the Fiji update site (for unrelated reasons). So your plugin will become available the next time we do an upload to Fiji.

Best,
Mark

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Foster, Leslie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks very much, Mark.  However, I just launched ImageJ, which did have an update.  Afterwards, I did not see the changes to my plugin.  Also, I saw a Jenkins fail email this morning.
Regards,
Les

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Mark Hiner <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 8:39 AM
To: fiji-devel <[hidden email]>, Imagej-devel <[hidden email]>
Cc: Foster Leslie <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Latest H5j Loader Plugin Release

Hi Les,

>Is there anything wrong?

Nope, it looks like there is a 1.0.1 release of your plugin: http://maven.imagej.net/index.html#nexus-search;classname~H5J

See the release documentation on the wiki: http://imagej.net/Releases#After_a_release

After the Maven release is cut, the version is not automatically updated in Fiji. First someone has to update pom-fiji (which I did just now: https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji/commit/5f01121835e9f67f9eed5b1f872ef670fab75662). Then pom-fiji needs to be released so that Fiji itself can use it, at which point the released artifact can be uploaded to the Fiji update site.

Best,
Mark

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Foster, Leslie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings, Mark:

About a week ago, I did a double-push to release version 1.0.1 of the H5j Loader Plugin.  I have seen that it successfully built on the Jenkins server, but have not seen a plugin release.  Is there anything wrong?  Have I carried out the push wrongly?  I think it was the same as earlier.

Please let me know.
Regards,
Les

Re: Latest H5j Loader Plugin Release

Mark Hiner
>I instead need to notify you that I wish to push some update?

Currently, submitting a PR modifying pom-fiji is the best way to notify us of the change. An e-mail (or chat ping, etc..) is an acceptable alternative.

In the future, the ideal would be for status.imagej.net to notify us automatically when you have performed releases. But it's uncertain when we'll have time to improve that tooling.

Best,
Mark

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Foster, Leslie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey, Mark:
Thanks for digging into this.

If I should wish to do some later change to the plugin, should I also modify pom-fiji to make that happen, or do I instead need to notify you that I wish to push some update?

Thanks,
Les

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Mark Hiner <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 9:58 AM