Re: Question about ImageJ2 icon

Mark Hiner
Hi Erik,

> Was this created by you (as your name is mentioned there)?

I didn't create the image, just uploaded the latest version after resizing it. It was created as part of LOCI's funded work on IJ2 though so I believe it is copyright Broad Institute and/or UW board of regents.

As you noticed we do not have good licensing support at the moment for images on the wiki. Since it is the IJ2 logo right now we would want a permissive license that indicates where the image came from, i.e. attribution 4.0... so in your publication you would just need add an attribution blurb.

Anyway I will look into adding file licenses to the wiki to make this more formal and provide licensing link templates, a la wikimedia. Thanks for bringing it up; good luck with the publication! :)

Best,
Mark

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Erik Meijering <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Mark,

Just a quick question about the ImageJ2 icon:

http://imagej.net/File:Imagej2-icon.png

Was this created by you (as your name is mentioned there)?

Do you know if it is in the public domain (can I use it freely)? I was looking for a microscope icon that I could use in a publication (not as a standalone image but embedded in a much more complicated figure).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Erik