RegionOfInterest vs Region

Jay Warrick-2
Hi All,

Question about deprecated RegionOfInterest-related classes in ImgLib2-roi. What should I use instead?

I think I can figure out how to do what I want to do with Labelings and LabelRegion etc but for some things it seems a simple RegionOfInterest sort of methodology might be a more straight forward solution.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Jay

Re: RegionOfInterest vs Region

Curtis Rueden
Hi Jay,

> Question about deprecated RegionOfInterest-related classes in
> ImgLib2-roi. What should I use instead?

Unfortunately, there are some things in ImgLib2 (e.g. RegionOfInterest) and ImageJ2 (e.g. ImgPlus) that have been deprecated, but with no replacement yet.

While the intent was to convey that the API is going to change, I now believe these deprecations were premature: deprecation should wait till there is a clear migration path, or else developers will simply suppress the warnings.

Anyway, for now I would suggest using RegionOfInterest. And when something better comes along, we'll let you know.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Jay Warrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Question about deprecated RegionOfInterest-related classes in ImgLib2-roi. What should I use instead?

I think I can figure out how to do what I want to do with Labelings and LabelRegion etc but for some things it seems a simple RegionOfInterest sort of methodology might be a more straight forward solution.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Jay

Re: RegionOfInterest vs Region