Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Stephan Preibisch
Hi,

I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji? The pom.xml in the fiji project itself still defines it as its parent (https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml), so I am not sure where to look for it:

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Mark Hiner
Hi Stephan,

>I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji?

It's always helpful to ask questions on public lists! All of the project poms (fijji, imagej, scijava, scifio) are in their own repo under their respective organization. So pom-fiji is:
https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji

Also, if you go to an individual organization's page (e.g. https://github.com/fiji/) you can filter the available repositories to look for any component.

Hope that helps!

- Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Stephan Preibisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji? The pom.xml in the fiji project itself still defines it as its parent (https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml), so I am not sure where to look for it:

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Mark Hiner
>The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

It would be helpful if I finished reading your complete question.

The Bio-Formats dependencies are managed in pom-scijava. You'll want to look at the <properties> and <dependencyManagement> blocks to get a feel how things work. For testing 5.0.6 locally it's also fine to put a <bio-formats.version> property in the pom.xml of the project you're testing.

Best,
Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephan,

>I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji?

It's always helpful to ask questions on public lists! All of the project poms (fijji, imagej, scijava, scifio) are in their own repo under their respective organization. So pom-fiji is:
https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji

Also, if you go to an individual organization's page (e.g. https://github.com/fiji/) you can filter the available repositories to look for any component.

Hope that helps!

- Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Stephan Preibisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji? The pom.xml in the fiji project itself still defines it as its parent (https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml), so I am not sure where to look for it:

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Stephan Preibisch
Thanks a lot Mark,

I managed to change the version to 5.0.6.!

Just out of curiosity, I still do not see the bio-formats version being defined in here: https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji/blob/master/pom.xml

Where is the 5.0.3 defined to which it currently points?

Thanks so much,
Stephan

On Nov 17, 2014, at 13:17 , Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:

>The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

It would be helpful if I finished reading your complete question.

The Bio-Formats dependencies are managed in pom-scijava. You'll want to look at the <properties> and <dependencyManagement> blocks to get a feel how things work. For testing 5.0.6 locally it's also fine to put a <bio-formats.version> property in the pom.xml of the project you're testing.

Best,
Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephan,

>I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji?

It's always helpful to ask questions on public lists! All of the project poms (fijji, imagej, scijava, scifio) are in their own repo under their respective organization. So pom-fiji is:
https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji

Also, if you go to an individual organization's page (e.g. https://github.com/fiji/) you can filter the available repositories to look for any component.

Hope that helps!

- Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Stephan Preibisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji? The pom.xml in the fiji project itself still defines it as its parent (https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml), so I am not sure where to look for it:

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Mark Hiner
Hi Stephan,

>Where is the 5.0.3 defined to which it currently points?

Here it is! :) It's in pom-scijava to allow any SciJava project to use a consistent version of Bio-Formats.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

- Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Stephan Preibisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks a lot Mark,

I managed to change the version to 5.0.6.!

Just out of curiosity, I still do not see the bio-formats version being defined in here: https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji/blob/master/pom.xml

Where is the 5.0.3 defined to which it currently points?

Thanks so much,
Stephan

On Nov 17, 2014, at 13:17 , Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:

>The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

It would be helpful if I finished reading your complete question.

The Bio-Formats dependencies are managed in pom-scijava. You'll want to look at the <properties> and <dependencyManagement> blocks to get a feel how things work. For testing 5.0.6 locally it's also fine to put a <bio-formats.version> property in the pom.xml of the project you're testing.

Best,
Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephan,

>I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji?

It's always helpful to ask questions on public lists! All of the project poms (fijji, imagej, scijava, scifio) are in their own repo under their respective organization. So pom-fiji is:
https://github.com/fiji/pom-fiji

Also, if you go to an individual organization's page (e.g. https://github.com/fiji/) you can filter the available repositories to look for any component.

Hope that helps!

- Mark

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Stephan Preibisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I think this is maybe a stupid question, but where do I find the parent pom-fiji? The pom.xml in the fiji project itself still defines it as its parent (https://github.com/fiji/fiji/blob/master/pom.xml), so I am not sure where to look for it:

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Curtis Rueden
Hi Steffi,

FWIW, I bumped to BF 5.0.6 just now:

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Mark Hiner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stephan,

> [...]

<parent>
<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
<artifactId>pom-fiji</artifactId>
<version>5.1</version>
<relativePath />
</parent>

Eclipse also says it cannot locate the parent pom when clicking on the icon for that.

The background is that I want to try Bioformats 5.0.6, so I guess the right thing is to overwrite the version tag inherited from fiji-pom. I just wanted to see how it is defined in there to actually overwrite it.

Thanks so much,
Steffi

---

Dr. Stephan Preibisch
HFSP Fellow
Robert H. Singer / Eugene Myers lab

Albert Einstein College of Medicine / HHMI Janelia Farm / MPI-CBG

Re: Where do I find the Fiji parent pom?

Thanks a lot guys for the explanations. This was very helpful :)

Cheers,
Steffi