imagej2 and ij1-plugins

"Christian Göschl"
Hi all,

I've downloaded and compiled the source code for ImageJ2.
When I start ImageJ with net.imagej.ImageJ() as main class, ImageJ finds all plugins I put into the plugins directory. However, if I try to run one of them, I get a "Plugin or class not found" error.
If I start ImageJ with ij.ImageJ() as main class, the plugins work as expected.
Do I have to set a class path (or some other option) for ImageJ2 to find the plugins?

Thanks,
Christian

Re: imagej2 and ij1-plugins

Curtis Rueden
Hi Christian,

> When I start ImageJ with net.imagej.ImageJ() as main class, ImageJ
> finds all plugins I put into the plugins directory. However, if I try
> to run one of them, I get a "Plugin or class not found" error.

How are you starting the net.imagej.ImageJ main class? From an IDE? From the command line?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:20 AM, "Christian Göschl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've downloaded and compiled the source code for ImageJ2.
When I start ImageJ with net.imagej.ImageJ() as main class, ImageJ finds all plugins I put into the plugins directory. However, if I try to run one of them, I get a "Plugin or class not found" error.
If I start ImageJ with ij.ImageJ() as main class, the plugins work as expected.
Do I have to set a class path (or some other option) for ImageJ2 to find the plugins?

Thanks,
Christian

Re: imagej2 and ij1-plugins

Curtis Rueden
Hi Christian,

> I start it from Eclipse. I imported imagej as a maven project.
> I also tried to set the System.property "plugins.dir" (as in the
> minimal-IJ1-plugin example), but it did not help. The strange thing
> is, that the plugins are shown in the Plugins-menu, so I assume that
> the plugins.config files are parsed correctly.

Thanks, I can confirm this bug. I filed an issue for it:

In the meantime, you can work around by copying your project JAR file(s) into your ImageJ application's jars/ and plugins/ folders as appropriate, and launching ImageJ via the ImageJ launcher as usual.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM, "Christian Göschl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Curtis,

thanks for your answer.

> How are you starting the net.imagej.ImageJ main class? From an IDE? From the command line?
I start it from Eclipse. I imported imagej as a maven project.

I also tried to set the System.property "plugins.dir" (as in the minimal-IJ1-plugin example), but it did not help.
The strange thing is, that the plugins are shown in the Plugins-menu, so I assume that the plugins.config files are parsed correctly.

Best,
Christian

Hi Christian,